RULES OF DISCIPLINE
1. Every pupil must possess a copy of the school diary and carry it daily to the school.
2. Apart from entering legibly the name and other personal data in the diary, pupils should not enter anything except what relates to school work.
3. School diary is to be preserved carefully and no page from it should be destroyed or smudged.
4. Pupil must show it to their parents /guardians whenever the Principal/Teacher gives them notes.
5. Parents are expected to look into their children's school diary everyday.
6. Children should be in their respective class rooms at least ten minutes before the commencement of the assembly.
7. All pupils are expected to be present for the assembly during which they pray together.
8. No child is permitted to leave the school premises without the explicit permission of the principal which will be granted only at the specific written request of the parents.
9. On school days and for all functions, children should wear the school uniform only. Children who come to class without the school uniform must bring a note of genuine excuse from the parents or else they will be sent home.
10. Running, playing shouting and whistling inside the school building is not allowed.
11. Care must be taken of the school property and no pupil should scratch or spoil the desks or chairs or damage any school furniture, do not write or draw anything on the walls or in any way damage things belonging to others. Damage done even by accident should be reported at once to the class teacher or to the Principal. Any damage done will be made good by the one who has done it. No pupil should bring razor blades or any sharp instruments to school.
12. All should be particularly careful not to throw any paper, peels etc. anywhere in the school premises. They should use dustbins specially provided for the purpose.
13. No books (other than the text and library books) Newspapers or periodicals may be brought to the school without the Principal's sanction, or else they will be confiscated. The same holds good for other things like transistors, cameras, toys etc.
14. The students must speak English in School.
15. Money should not be lent or borrowed or articles exchanged between students.
16. No collection for any purpose, meeting, demonstration, party or picnic may be held without the prior permission of the, principal.
17. Presents to the members of the staff or other demonstration in' their honour also require previous sanction of the Principal.
18. The school is not responsible for books, money, clothes and articles that are lost. Children must look after their own things. It is not advisable for children to have money or valuable articles with them.
19. AIl letters and correspondence addressed to pupils are subject to scrutiny by the principal.
20. Parents may meet the Principal on weekdays from 9.30am to 11.00 am in winter and 9.00 am to 10.30 am in summer except on Saturdays and Public holidays. Interviews at any other time may be done before or after the class hours and on Second Saturdays of every month.
21. The name, class and section of the pupil should be clearly mentioned on all his/her belongings.
22. The students should behave in a refined manner wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. They should always greet the teachers, elders and friends in a pleasant and audible voice whenever they meet them, in the campus or outside.
23. Cycles must be kept locked at the cycle stand only. Student should not ride bicycle around the school compound. While entering or leaving the school gate, one must walk instead of riding.
24. Students who come to school in the care of servants should never leave before the servant arrives. In case of delay, they should report to the school office.
25.Students are not allowed to receive visitors or to make telephone calls during class hours unless the matter is very urgent.
26. Enrolment in St. Mary's School implies, on the part of pupils and parents, willingness to comply with the requirements and regulations of the school.
27. The Principal has the right to suspend any pupil without having to state any reason whatsoever, provided the principal is satisfied that such a step is necessary in the interest of the school.
28. Fines which may be deemed necessary to be imposed on the students are only to improve or to enforce discipline.
29. Pupils may be required to take part in various extracurricular activities even outside school hours. When so required participation will be deemed compulsory.
30. Staying away from mandatory school functions, including Annual Day and Sports Day, without prior permission will be considered a major breach of discipline.
31. Parents are expected to give adequate time to their children to help them in their studies, provide them with a quiet place to study, insist on a homework, time free from distraction, check with teachers when assignment or other instructions are not clear, encourage their childrento do their best so far as accuracy and neatness are concerned, encourage them to read books at home and to collect materials which will help them in their education.
32. Parents who regularly fail to attend Parent Teacher meetings will be deemed to have no interest in the children's education and as this is pernicious to the school in general and the student in particular, the student may be asked to discontinue.
33. Student late for School for more than 3 times will be sent home and considered absent.
34. It is the duty of all the students to keep their classrooms and other places in and around the school clean and in order. They should cultivate the habit of using the dustbin.
35. No pupil is allowed to write on the blackboard unless asked to do so by the teacher.
36. Before leaving the classroom students will pick up waste papers and other unwanted materials from the floor and place it in the waste paper basket; will turn off lights and fans; will close windows. In short the room should be left in a condition to be used again.